As 2012 quickly approaches, our business sustainability consulting practice encourages our clients to look at risks through the lens of business sustainability. Business sustainability is a vehicle enabling your business to meet your goals of profit, growth, and revenue while positively impacting the environment and the social realms of your business.
Consider how asking the following questions from a business sustainability perspective differ from the traditional approach and how your 2012 could be different.
• What business are we in?
• What are the industry risks?
• What's our unique positioning within the industry, and what gives us competitive advantage?
• What are the strategic imperatives that are tied to our overall strategy?
• What are the processes that are tied to the strategic imperatives, and then the risks that are tied to those?
Early adopters of a pro-environment policy are answering these questions differently. Business sustainability reshapes the business conversation. By evaluating business risks through the lens of sustainability, small businesses are benefiting from the tangible and intangible rewards of going green:
• Improve Business Reputation
• Create Brand Differentiation
• Capture Industry Synergies with other Sustainable Businesses
• Reduce Business Cost
• Improve Employee Satisfaction and Retention
• Lead Your Industry in Best Practices
• Improved Stakeholder Engagement
• Respond to Consumer Eco-Preferences
Are you looking for ways to green your business in 2012? Our small business resource offerings include:
- 15 Small Business Tips to Going Green
- Sustainability: A Small Business Differentiator
- How Cloud Computing Helps Small Business to Reduce Emissions and Improve Productivity
- IdeaScale: Small Business Tool for Stakeholder Engagement
- Social Media Advancing the Business Sustainability Conversation
- Telecommuting: help your Business, help the Environment
- The Growing Role of Virtual Conferencing and Webinars in the Sustainability Meeting Landscape
- 5 Ways to a Greener Website
- A Guide for SME's: How and Why to go Paperless
- Intuit's GreenSnapshot: Do You Have it in Your Green Biz Toolkit?
- CRM: Golden Nugget for Sustainability in Business
- Top 10 Benefits of Bicycle Commuting Programs for Businesses