Once you've embarked on the path of living a sustainable lifestyle, it seems only natural to want to encourage others to do the same. However, not everyone sees the value in eco awareness and how it pertains to their life. As a personal consultant, I encourage my clients developing their personal sustainability plans to lead by example.
Promoting sustainable living and "being the change" can take all forms and shapes. In our sustainability consulting, we addresses eco awareness and the integration of sustainability concepts into daily living by asking clients to consider the questions, "Is there an eco friendly alternative to this purchase?" Or, "Is there a more environmentally friendly manner in which I can do x (whatever it is that you are doing)?"
The easiest way to promote a sustainable lifestyle to others is by sharing with friends, neighbors, and in the community. Sharing is a genuine expression of the value you find in the sustainability concepts that you embrace in your life. Consider how these eco friendly actions could inspire those around you:
- Bring eco awareness to your holiday celebrations
- Leverage your financial vote and support eco friendly products and sustainable businesses
- Eco Your home: improve indoor air quality and energy efficiency
- Learn more about living a sustainable lifestyle
- Engage and share your ideas with friends and family as well as work, school, and in the community.
When others see you living a sustainable lifestyle, and see that you are enjoying it, it inspires them to make similar efforts for themselves. I know it inspires me! As a sustainability consultant, I am inspired daily by our clients, my twitter connections, and those around me living a sustainable lifestyle.