What is green living? Is it living off the grid? Living in a green house? Working at a green job? What exactly does it mean to be green? Sometimes, summing that up in words is challenging. Yet, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Imagine what it be like to summarize a definition of sustainable business and sustainable living through pictures?
Introducing the world of Pinterest. We invite you to follow our sustainability, green, and CSR boards on Pinterest. Below are a few of our favorite boards:
- Care Instructions for Our Planet - A collection sustainability infographics that offer ideas, education, information, insights on sustainability concepts of water, energy, waste, transportation, organics, social activism, food, and "how to" go green.
- Top Green Brands - The best green brands are vital, relevant, powerful and pioneering. They are profitable, ethical, and ecologically responsible. They have a proven record of performance, strive to operate with transparency and they practice what they preach when it comes to sustainability. ~ Interbrand See which ones are your favorites.
- Green Apps Apps helping us make green, sustainable choices for a better world!
- Recycle-Upcycle-Repurpose - Why does the recycling symbol have three chasing arrows? Each arrow represents one step in the three step process that completes the recycling loop. The first arrow is the collection step. The second arrow is the manufacturing process in which recyclable materials are converted into new products and the third arrow represents the step where consumers purchase products made with recycled content. Recycling, Upcycling and Repuporsing items are great ways to reduce waste and live green.
- Green New Year's Resolutions - 2013 is Your Year to Go green! In fact, if you think about your life right now, there are probably many eco actions that you are already taking. Living green or a sustainable lifestyle is not an all or nothing approach. Creating your own sustainable lifestyle is where the fun is. Which are your favorite resolutions for a green New Year?
Pictures can help contextualize sustainability concepts of energy efficiency, waste management, fair trade, and other related information that hopefully inspires us to eco action. Click here for a full view of all of Taiga Company's boards on Pinterest.