What does reducing waste mean? When you avoid making garbage in the first place, you eliminate the disposing of waste or recycling it later. It's the first component of the sustainability concept of the three R's: reduce, reuse, recycle. At Taiga Company, we work with clients to develop a personal sustainability plan. Sustainability plans are designed to transform and change existing habits into habits with eco awareness in mind. Here are a few examples of eco friendly ways to minimize waste in your sustainable lifestyle.
Reduce Food Waste:
- Pre plan your meals, buy in bulk, and prepare what you need.
- Compost and turn your old food into healthy soil.
Reduce when you shop and shop with the environment in mind:
- Purchase products that are returnable, reusable or refillable. Use reusable and refillable containers in your home instead of disposable items.
- Purchase products with the least amount of packaging.
- Get the most out of what you buy by comparing warranties and cost to repair or replace the item.
- Look for products designed with the environment in mind. Organic clothing, sustainable furnishings, and solar powered products are just a few examples.
- Rent or borrow instead of purchasing.
Reduce items at home:
By thinking of ways to reduce waste when you shop, work and play, it raises the level of eco awareness in your day and contributes to living a sustainable lifestyle. There are fun and creative ways to reduce waste and also be good to the Earth at the same time.