While escalating conversations on topics such as climate change, carbon legislation, energy independence, and growing consumer eco awareness generate forward eco movement for some it simultaneously creates confusion and skepticism for others. To address these complex issues, it's going to take all of us demonstrating eco awareness in our daily lives. Some eco actions are easier than others. In fact, at Taiga Company, we promote green cycling as a means to make a difference.
What is green cycling? It is bike commuting or riding your bike and it is a win-win on many different levels. For businesses and individuals looking to reduce costs, embrace eco awareness, and adhere to business and personal sustainability programs, bike commuting benefits everyone. How so? even if you don’t ride a bike, we all enjoy the benefits of bicycling infrastructure. Every cyclist on the road is one less car, which means there is less need for expensive road projects that take money from other important government programs. Bicycle and pedestrian improvements cost a fraction of what it takes to widen streets and highways and improve the livability of our cities, attracting new businesses and development.
As we are mid way through National Bike Month. We encourage you to read and gain eco awareness of the many benefits green cycling has to offer. Enjoy!
- David Suzuki: The benefits of cycling go beyond reducing climate change
- Transportation and Young Adults: Driving is Down, Biking and Public Transport Way Up
- Bicycle-Friendly Businesses Are Booming: 67 New BFBs Announced
- New Report: Americans Driving Less, Especially Youth
- If You Build Bike Lanes, They Will Ride
- Bike Commuting Trends are UP: Here's Why
- Bikes are Good for Business