A survey of 600 small business owners across the United States indicates that 90% are actively engaged in social networking sites and 74% perceive social networking as valuable — if not more valuable — than networking in-person.
The 2011 Social Media Marketing Industry Report illustrates small business owners are seeing the greatest results from social media marketing. Some of the critical goals of B2B branding via social media include:
- Building better relationships with partners, prospects and customers.
- Attracting prospective customers and compressing sales cycles.
- Monitoring competitive positioning and ensuring you’re ahead.
- Establishing thought leadership in your industry.
- Building brand awareness and preference among decision makers.
Relating social media for sustainability, the post, 5 Reasons Blogging and Social Media Builds Better Green Brands illustrates how corporate communications are changing. Citing, " a major component of any corporate sustainability plan isn’t so much how a company carries out those strategies but also how it communicates it to its many stakeholders. There is an emerging role of social media for stakeholder engagement and for businesses to communicate their broader corporate responsibility agenda."
Within our sustainability consulting, we've discovered that a social media marketing strategy, executed successfully, can be a powerful vehicle to build sustainable business communications by engaging with stakeholders.
Of course, this sounds great! But social media can be daunting for businesses especially on two points: ‘Where do we start?’ and secondly, ‘How can it benefit my green business?’ Hence, a new guide to help you navigate the way.
Are you a small or mid-sized business marketer? Do you own or promote a green business? Our free guide can help you kick start a successful social media program and generate easy social media success.
Some of the Valuable Information Available Includes:
- Why Social Media for Green Business?
- The Three Pillars of Sustainability Communications
- Ways to Build Strategic Relationships with Social Media
- How to Determine ROI and Social Media Metrics
- Outsourcing Guidelines
Get your FREE Green Business Guide to Social Media Success guide now!