Look around and you'll see going green slogans everywhere. The web is full of information on going green, living a sustainable lifestyle and advice on personal sustainability. For many, this mountain of information can be confusing and at times a little overwhelming. In fact, the post, A Practical Plan for When You Feel Overwhelmed, refers to overwhelm and its effect on our ability to make choices. "The more numerous our options, the more difficult it becomes to choose a single one, and so we end up choosing none at all. That's what happens when we have too many things to do. We become overwhelmed and don't do any of them."
Navigating the green waters starts with getting clear on what it means to be green. Is it living off the grid? Living in a green house? Working at a green job? What exactly does it mean to be green - to you? At its essence, a sustainable lifestyle, or living green, refers to a lifestyle and set of choices that minimizes a person's environmental impact. While living green embraces sustainability concepts of efficiency, organics, waste management, and so forth, the mindset is more important than the eco actions. Why? Because life is dynamic. As expressed in our eco friendly training, applying sustainability concepts one way today may not be the sustainable solution of tomorrow. Your life circumstances change so it's in your approach to life that matters.
Discover the different ways of being green and see what fits for you.
• Discover what can be recycled and what cannot! Can you recycle paint? Hair? Crayons? Find out here. Better yet, discover recycling centers near your home by visiting Earth911.
• Discover the rewarding sensation of volunteering in your community. Not sure where to start? Visit VolunteerMatch and enter your zip code and area of interest to find a perfect volunteer match.
• Discover cycling as part of a sustainable lifestyle and as a rewarding personal adventure. Explore health, environmental, and cost saving reasons for biking to work and pick out your favorite resources to help you do it.
• Discover a new shade of organic makeup just in time for the summer months.
• Discover ways to decorate the eco friendly way with eco friendly materials, paints, and plants.
• Discover ways to green your routine. Pick a different day of the week to take eco action on different sustainability concepts. The thrill is in changing habits on a daily basis. Need ideas? Visit here.
Through our daily living, we are presented with opportunities to expand our eco awareness and make informed choices. Being conscious of sustainability concepts contributes to living a more sustainable lifestyle - a lifestyle that you define as green and works for you.